- To evaluate, research and purchase services, supplies and equipment based on price, service and quality to meet the needs.
- Identitify global vendors, second source or outsourcing based on the specifications.
- Material sourcing for new RFQ projects and for piece parts.
- Initiates bid/ quote process and perform bid analysis and make recommendations regarding purchases.
- To perform material planning functions :
- To procure the right parts/services in correct quantites with the quality and on time to minimize production loss hours / obsolescence and to meet the schedule.
- To expedite parts for projects and follow-up on outstanding POs.
- To forward projection of orders when available, to vendors in order to reduce lead time and production costs by maintaining stock and minimize the inventory cost of the company.
- Responsible for selecting and coordinating vendor activities from the Approved Vendor List for purchases.
- To process daily Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order processing:
- Checking te demand and availability and confirming of orders with the vendors with respect to price, quality and delivery dates.
- Issuing POs to vendors on time.
- Following up the confirmation date and overdue PO.
- Responsible for negotiations with the vendors in cost reduction plans, quality and delivery dates.
- Periodcally review vendor and ensure targets are met; respectively initiate appropriate improvement actions. Key performance metrics are QCDS. ( Quality, Cost, Delivery, Service)
- Provide vendor performance report based on criteria seleted. (delivery on time, cost, lot acceptance rate, responsiveness)
- Work together with QA to follow up on rejected or wrongly sent parts and ensure punctual return of the parts.
- Support Root cause and corrective actions process
- Other administrative duties related to purchasing, for example issuing and sending of PO, filing, preparation of expedite reports etc.
- To supervise and train subordinate, if any.
- Contribute towards achieving management and individual objectives.
- Perform any ad hoc tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Able to conduct purchasing / procurement activities with integrity according to company policy.
- Able to multitask as a team player, and back up other purchasers and engineers when requied.
- Able to communicate and liaise / work with vendors and internal customers from cross-functional departments to meet project timelines.
- Able to work with minimum supervision, detail-oriented with sincere desire to produce accurate work with positive attitude .
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work in fast paced environment.
- Determines and develops appropriate sources of supply and maintains cooperative working relationships with suppliers to stay current with technologies, products and services.
- Degree/ Diploma in related discipline with at least 5 year experience in purchasing, Engineering or equivalent.
- Able to read technical drawings – Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing, and know the processes to fabricate the parts.
- Able to estimate costing for parts and negotiate cost based on company’s best interest.
- Experience in Mechanical design, knowing CNC experience would be advantage.