- Provide conceptual design & proposal of machine design.
- Determine, compile and translate customer’s requirements into design specs & buy off criteria.
- Develop and design mechanical system or hardware for projects assigned.
- Liaise with system control department in optimising equipment performance.
- Source, select and purchase standard mechanical components.
- Perform project coordination role and monitor delivery time, if assigned as project coordinator/leader.
- Liaise with customer or supplier in defining the technical requirements or specs on the assigned projects.
- Provide guidance and proper jigs & fixtures to perform equipment calibration and alignments.
- Generate and update mechanical part drawings, pneumatic schematics and BOM.
- Ensure mechanical designs integrate well with other sections by involving himself/herself heavily in the equipment assembly, integration , and test run.
- Improve, trouble shoot and evaluate design feasibility.
- Provide supervision and guidance to mechanical design engineer.
- Train assembly and service support personnel on specific assembly module and technical application of machine standard components.
- Recommend machine spare parts and document them in BOM.
- Provide technical consultation/advice and training to end-users.
- Contribute towards achieving management and individual objectives.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in using standard engineering product, material selections, and engineering calculation.
- Hands on experience in 3D CAD software (preferably Solidworks) and other simulation tools like FEA, kinematics and dynamic simulation.
- Able to interface and integrate the various stakeholders with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in FMEA, DOE, and Project Management.
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Knowledge in pneumatic and motion control related skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated, trustworthy, result-oriented with good leadership.